Saturday, July 18, 2009

We're Somewhere between here and there

The traffic finally let up and we're somewhere in southern va two hours behind schedule. Not really sure which town. We're seeing signs for Outer Banks so we're on the right track. We've gone through some tunnels and over some bridges. Stopped for gas and dinner. Now we're on a small toll road (hwy 158 I think). It's dark and rainy and Tom is enjoying watching the lightning flashes in the distance. Ryan is trying to see them but keeps getting distracted and looking away before the flashes happen :) He's distracted reading what I'm typing now.

The GPS lady says we're 80 miles from the campground. So eventually we'll get there. Hopefully we'll be settled into the campsite by 11ish. We're passing signs for road side markets so I see lots of shopping on the way home--peaches, watermelon, ice cream, nc bbq....

No comments: