Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wyatt sucks


OK, my turn for a quick update. Camellia's been doing the work up to this point, but this one is all mine. We drove through Wyatt today on our way to Sikeston just to see how my grandpa's house was looking. The sight I saw was truly heartbreaking for me. That's the best way I can describe it.

The house my grandpa had built and my mom grew up in and I had done a lot of growing up in as well, including many happy memories playing in the yard and running next door to great grandma's, etc., etc., was in such a sad state of disrepair and neglect that I could barely believe it. The yard was a complete mess, trash was scattered about, the workshop I enjoyed spending so much time in with my grandpa was nearly falling apart.

The jaw-dropping shock continued as we made our way towards Sikeston. Everything I so fondly recalled from my childhood was complete and total crap now. Ugh.

No comments: